Dorian Gray (2009)

  
After a long day searching for items for my ETSY page, I sat down to see what I could find on the different movie channels I subscribe to. What I found was 2009s Dorian Gray.


Plot/ A corrupt young man somehow keeps his youthful beauty eternally, but a special painting gradually reveals his inner ugliness to all.


Honestly, I had no idea what to expect with this film. It seems that this is one of the more polarizing films that have come out in recent years. After watching it, I totally understand why. To me, it has to be the way the movie strayed from the literary classic, creating characters and a large amount of nudity (not to mention the misguided classification as a horror flick). The cinematography and atmosphere are very good, not to mention some decent performances within this surreal-like thriller. However, there are times where the plot seems to disappear and the pacing seems off, almost crawling. In the end, this movie as a stand-alone thriller is worth watching. Unfortunately, while inspired by the classic tale, this adaptation does a poor job capturing the beauty of Oscar Wilde’s Victorian masterpiece and should be viewed with that in mind.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)