2012 (2009)

 
As a History Channel fiend, I am amazed at the amount of material that comes out on that channel. From Monsterquest to American Pickers you can find anything. One such topic is 2012. Having watched many of the documentaries, I decided to change it up. Last night I broke down and watched the much hyped 2012.   


Plot/ An epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.


I have no idea where to begin, honestly, I am speechless. I have put off seeing this movie for a while, to me, I knew that the ideas and theories of 2012 could be the perfect fodder for one of those destruction movies that seem to always come out. This one is no different. The plot was extremely cliché and unbelievable, the characters left undeveloped, the scripting simple and unmemorable and of course way too much mind-boggling CGI leading up to a predictable ending. In fact, much of the movie was TOO predictable to even be laughable. The acting did have its moments, but even that was not enough to save the flick. In the end, I will admit that there was an entertaining element that at least kept me interested, but, that is the best thing I can say.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)