The Amityville Haunting (2011)



Ghost stories are always fun, especially at the end of a long day. Earlier, I spent a few hours out at the lake doing some fishing. Unfortunately, very little was biting (twp small trout and a bluegill), hopefully, things start picking up. Now, let me get back to the blog with my next review, The Amityville Haunting from 2011.


Plot/ Tyler Benson, a teenage boy, uses his camcorder to record the experiences of himself, his two sisters and parents at the house, and some of the story is told through CCTV camera footage, after cameras are installed in the house. Various unexplained events occur, culminating in the deaths of all of the members of the Benson family.


I know found footage videos have become all the rage, but it needs to stop. This installment of the genre has to be one of the worst I have seen, following (ripping off) every cliché out there with movies in the subgenre. The acting is uneven, scripting bad and pacing just bad. Really, it is as if a mixed up combo of Paranormal Activity meets Grave Encounters meet the Amityville Horror popped up. Even for a movie from The Asylum, this one is horrid. There are no redeeming qualities, and I wish I could get the time I wasted watching it back. Stay away and honestly, someone please stop the madness of these found footage flicks enough is enough.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)