Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)



Today is Friday the 13th, one of the days I look forward to every year. There is so much going on with different superstitions, creepy programming and of course, the ever popular visit from Jason Voorhees. When I was young, I can remember seeing the original Friday the 13th in the theatre. I truly believe that the moment Jason came from the depths changed my life and sent me on the path I am on today. I loved it. With that thought fresh in my mind, I decided to revisit the franchise with Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood.


Plot/ Years after Tommy Jarvis chained him underwater at Camp Crystal Lake, the hulking killer Jason Voorhees returns to the campgrounds when he is released accidently by a teenager with psychic powers.


I am a huge Friday the 13th fan, and love every time it pops onto the calendar as it allows me a chance to revisit at least one of the flicks without hearing any crap. This entry, the seventh in the series, was probably the last one that did not go truly overboard. Yes, it is a typical slasher from the day featuring a low budget, unknown cast, some nudity and gore. But, it is an important entry in the series as it marked Kane Hodder’s debut as Jason, and a somewhat original idea coupled with some outstanding special effects. Hell, they even give Jason some power tools to play with… In the end, if you are a fan of the series, please revisit this one it is awesome. If you are not, or have not seen it, check it out for the first time. It may be dated and a bit campy, but it is a fun romp through Camp Crystal Lake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)