Airborne (2012)

 
 
After a few different genres in the past few days, I was unsure of what I wanted to watch last night. I tried a couple different titles, but could not get into the mood. In the end, I decided on a 2012 flick that always just seems to pop up in my queue. The film was the thriller Airborne.
 
 
Plot/ As Britain is battered by a storm, one last plane takes off. Shortly after, the handful of passengers start disappearing one by one; those that remain frantically try to discover who - or what - is behind it before they share the same fate.
 
 
I should start by saying; I had zero expectations when I turned this one on. In fact, I had some trepidation, as I have stayed away from it on many occasions. There was just something telling me, it was not worth the time. The truth is, the voices in my head were right, and I should have stayed away. It is unfortunate, as there was potential here, but it never quite came together in a cohesive manner. The plot is all over the place, as it seemed as if they could not come up with a firm thread until later in the film, but that was too late. The acting was alright, but that could not overcome the bad scripting and the hole filled plot that you could fly a plane through. In the end, the lack of development of the film was disappointing and this was 90 minutes I cannot get back. Stay Away!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)