Sinister (2012)



After watching Argo and enjoying some revisionist history, I decided to jump back into my favorite genre for the evening. Honestly, I am due. I have been suffering through some miserable choices lately and thing must get better. My selection for the evening is Sinister from 2012.


Plot/ A true-crime writer finds a cache of 8mm "snuff" films that suggest the murder he is currently researching is the work of a serial killer whose career dates back to the 1960s.


This is a flick that I actually wanted to see and was glad to see that the wife grabbed it for me. This is a solid story and one that interested me quite a bit. The plot and scripting worked well together with the occult and paranormal mixing. The acting is sound, with Ethan Hawke doing a great job in the lead role and the visual elements are quite eerie. The cinematography and atmosphere is also top notch and a joy to watch. Of course, it was not without flaws. There were some clichéd moments, some of the chemistry was off, and some of the CGI felt forced. In the end, this was one of the more original flicks I have seen in some time, and it was quite entertaining. If you have not watched it, give it a shot, it is well worth it.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)