Lord of Darkness (2012)



Last night, I decided to sit back and watch something a lot more graphic than usual. Having the daughters around, I try to keep my viewing rather tame while they are awake. Unfortunately, thanks to that Illuminati Princess Taylor Swift, my viewing window has been pushed later in the evening, as their schedule has been screwed since the concert last weekend. Lat night, I decided to was the 2012 flick Lord of Darkness.


Plot/ Scottish cannibal Sawney Bean and his murderous, inbred family are responsible for over a thousand murders over the centuries.


I am always drawn to flicks that concern legends, especially generational legend. This movie, originally called Sawney: Flesh of Man, is an interesting flick. Inspired by one of the most well known serial killers of all time, this movie is not for the faint of heart, as it does not lack in the blood and gore department. While the movie was entertaining and decently shot; the storyline and plot were inconsistent bordering on incoherent at times. One of the biggest downfalls was the fact that it left much of the legend up to the viewers imagination, instead of filling in some of that storyline to make it an easier watch. In the end, this was a mindless gorefest that could have been so much more. Yes, I found it entertaining at times, but I would not seek it out to watch again or recommend it to anyone who is not a total gore fanatic. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)