The Ouija Experiment (2011)



While our weather did not improve all that much on Sunday, it did allow me a chance to sit back and do some relaxing. I did have to finish some homework, but that was only a small trip into work mode. Now, to catch up on some of my weekend viewing, the 2011 low budget flick, The Ouija Experiment. 


Plot/ Five friends decide to videotape their experimental sessions with an Ouija board in an attempt to create a viral video that is sure to make them famous. Personal drama causes members of the group to forget to maintain focus on the game's important rules and soon fall prey to the evil entities that occupy the board. 


This low budget entry has has been a challenge to get a hold of. Incredibly, it was always out when I went in to Family Video, that was until yesterday when I grabbed it. Of course, being a low budget flick with a small unknown cast, I figured there would be some issues, and there were. While the story was interesting and there were some creepy moments, it did not hold my attention throughout. One major reason was the overacting, which was evident from the first minutes of the film. Couple that with the uneven pacing and lack of flow and it was a difficult viewing experience. In the end, while the story had some potential, the opportunity to reach that was missed. Unless you have it on your bucket list to watch everything with Ouija Boards, I would pass.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)