Dogma (1999)



There are times in my life where I realize that I missed something. It does not matter whether it was a great book, a great ban, or even a great movie, having spent so many years out to sea, I just overlooked some classics. As I discovered tonight, that was the case with the 1999 classic comedy Dogma. 


Plot/ An abortion clinic worker with a special heritage is called upon to save the existence of humanity from being negated by two renegade angels trying to exploit a loophole and re-enter Heaven 


It may seem crazy, but tonight was the first time I have seen this Kevin Smith classic, and I am glad I did. In fact, I am kind of pissed at myself for not watching it sooner. There was a lot to like. The cast was perfect, the dialog hilarious, honestly everything worked better than I could have ever imagined. Yes, it was violent, and yes, the language and subject matter will turn some people of, but who cares. Smith absolutely hit the nail on the head and pointed out many issues of the church that filmmakers usually will not touch, and he should be applauded. In the end, this is one of the funniest and entertaining flicks I have seen in some time, and I am mad I waited 15 years to see it. Don't make the same mistake, if you have not watched it, go out and watch it today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)