The Facility (2012)



After taking a few days to wade through my homework for the week, it was time to get back into some horror. While I did let the daughters watch Vampire Academy, I could not even find it worth paying attention to. Instead I focused on something more my speed, 2012s low budget horror, The Facility.


Plot/ Eight volunteers find themselves fighting for their lives when a drug trial goes horribly wrong.


This low budget film popped up on the shelves of the video store the other day and caught my eye. While there are many cliché moments that will turn some off, it is actually quite entertaining. The acting is solid, the storyline realistic, the atmosphere heavy, and the overall effects were really good. Yes, is does have some incoherent moments in the script and some pacing issues on top of the cliché, but for a micro-budget flick this one hits where many others fail. In the end, this relatively underpublicized flick is one of the more entertaining and believable films I have seen in some time. If you have not seen it, give it a shot, you may be surprised by what you find.


Comments

  1. Bought this movie as a blind buy,haven't watched it. Just found your site 10 minutes ago,already in love. I love your casual writing style. Looks like I got a lot of reading to do! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)