Found (2012)



Earlier today, I finally finished my last quiz in art history. While it was not the 100 percent that I pulled in the first three, a 96 is not bad. Of course, I believe I know the one I missed and I probably changed it from right to wrong, something that frustrates me on many levels. Now, time to get back to the blog, with a review of the 2012 low budget flick Found.


Plot/ Based on the novel by Todd Rigney, Found centers around Marty, a shy, bullied fifth-grader who takes refuge in horror films... until his life turns into one. After finding a human head in his brother's closet, Marty fears for the safety of his family while making a desperate effort to reconnect with Steve, the big brother whose homicidal cravings threaten to destroy life as Marty knows it


I love finding no-budget indie flicks that surpass all expectations and leave you wanting more. That is exactly what this movie does. This twisted flick works on many levels with great atmosphere, decent acting, plenty of blood, and solid effects. On top of that, it does a great job at exploring many of the issues that plague society in a subtle socially conscious manner, so to draw you in and allow the issues to take hold. Yes, as with all low budget indie flicks there are some problems with sound quality and there are a few moment with technical difficulties, but those do little to bring this movie down. In the end, this coming of age horror flick hits on many levels and is a joy to watch. Sure, it may not be for everyone, but if you enjoy well-done indie horror, you must check it out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)