Horns (2013)



After the trip into action and adventure, I had planned to take a trip into the world of H.P. Lovecraft. Instead, I decided to venture into something different than my usual. After some debate (and a chocolate milkshake), I decided upon the 2013 fantasy drama Horns.


Plot/ In the aftermath of his girlfriend's mysterious death, a young man awakens to find strange horns sprouting from his temples.


Having never read the book or even seen a trailer, I was not sure what to expect with this one. Now, having watched the movie, I may search out the book, as this was an interesting storyline, and a movie that I enjoyed a lot. Yes, there were some disjointed parts that seemed to cloud some of the meaning. The acting is solid, including an amazing performance from Daniel Radcliff, the dark comedy works within the layered story, and there were some interesting effects. However, there seemed to be some genre balance issues as the storyline developed and the story was a touch predictable; items the prevented it from reaching its full potential. In the end, this was an entertaining flick with many things to like. While it is not for everyone, it is fun mix of comedy, drama, and loss.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)