The Taking of Deborah Logan (2014)



Have I ever said how much I cannot stand math? Honestly, why do we have to know how to invert equations, solve for x, or plot 27 points on a graph? I for one have absolutely no desire to spend time with fractions or linear equations, and I cannot wait for this class to end. Fortunately, doing this homework has given me a chance to watch some interesting flicks, like this one, The Taking of Deborah Logan from 2014.


Plot/ What starts as a poignant medical documentary about Deborah Logan's descent into Alzheimer's disease and her daughter's struggles as caregiver degenerates into a maddening portrayal of dementia at its most frightening, as hair-raising events begin to plague the family and crew and an unspeakable malevolence threatens to tear the very fabric of sanity from them all.



I had stayed away from this one expecting it to tread into many of the typical areas that seem to pop up around this season every year. That was definitely a bad idea, as this movie was a lot more than I could have imagined. There is so much to like, with an intriguing storyline, outstanding performances, atmosphere, suspense, and enough stimulating material to keep my mind focused on what was taking place. Sure, it is not perfect, as some may not like the supernatural aspects that take over from the realistic symptoms early on, but to me it was nothing close to a problem. In the end, this is an interesting and entertaining movie that would have been perfect for Halloween (unfortunately, I missed that window). If you are looking for something to watch, give this one a shot, you should enjoy it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)