Earthling (2010)



I am all for some strange Sci-Fi or Horror. Personally, there is nothing better than a trip into the surreal abyss of confusion. To me, I love it when I have to pay attention and think throughout a movie. One movie that made me think is next up for review, the 2010 Sci-Fi flick Earthling.


Plot/ After a mysterious atmospheric event, small groups of people wake up to realize that their entire lives have been a lie. They are in fact aliens disguised as humans. Now they have to make a choice. Live amongst men, or try to find a way back home


In many ways, this is a difficult movie to review. As a low budget flick, there are aspects that really work, especially the opening sequences that did a great job at capturing the viewers’ attention. Unfortunately, there are also some issues that hurt the overall feel. Earthling features some outstanding performances and has an amazing soundtrack, but it also has an irregular storyline that can lead one into confusion. Personally, I loved the disjointed feel and was quite entertained by the originality. However, I am also a huge fan of David Lynch and love surrealistic and strange journeys into the nether. In the end, this low budget entry is definitely not for everyone and will leave many lost and confused. If, like me, you enjoy that, give this one a shot. If you do not enjoy confusion, stay away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)