Wax (2014)



I love low budget cinema and when I find one I have to catch it. This is especially true, when I see the poster, and it reminds me of something Vincent Price would have been in, it is even more intriguing. Next up for review is the 2014 horror flick Wax.


Plot/ Young journalist Mike gets an assignment to spend one whole evening in a spooky wax museum. Initially believing to be alone inside the place, Mike eventually finds himself being terrorized by the malevolent presence of sadistic cannibal surgeon Dr. Knox.


Honestly, I was not expecting much from this one, and was completely surprised with what I saw. This low budget entry was everything that made classic grindhouse/exploitation flicks so awesome except the grainy film stock. The storyline, while somewhat cliché was interesting and twisted, the performances solid, and there was a ton of nudity and gore. Even the cinematography and pacing worked really well and kept me entertained throughout. If there were a downfall, it would be the fact that it was somewhat predictable. In the end, this one was one of the better entries I have seen in some time and an entertaining and worthwhile movie to watch. If you have not seen it, give it a shot it was definitely one of the better ones from Full Moon in a long time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)