The Culling (2015)



After suffering through Treehouse, I decided that I could find something at Family Video for the evening. Unfortunately, my selection this holiday weekend was slim. After some debate, I decided on the 2015 supernatural thriller, The Culling.


Plot/ A terrifying supernatural thriller in which a group of college friends on a road trip find themselves fighting off dark forces at a remote farmhouse after a chance encounter with a strange little girl.


So, I am batting a thousand this week on movie choices and reviews. This one, while it may not sink to the deep depths of the last review, is definitely close. While I am all for low budget indie horror, I at least hope to find some originality trapped inside and The Culling had none of that. The characters were cardboard; the storyline full of cliché, the acting uneven at best, and the pacing was way off. Even the effects were below the line for a typical low budget horror flick. In the end, The Culling is an average to below average horror flick that really offers nothing new. Unless you have no other choice, stay away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)