Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)



I needed to take a break from the Sci-Fi and classic horror that has become commonplace throughout this Thanksgiving vacation. With college papers still due and a website needing built; I decided it was time to head back into a classic franchise for some motivational moments. My selection last night (and my next review) is the 1995 slasher Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers.


Plot/ Six years after Michael Myers last terrorized Haddonfield, he returns there in pursuit of his niece, Jamie Lloyd, who has escaped with her newborn child, for which Michael and a mysterious cult have sinister plans.


I will be honest; I have pretty much stayed clear of the original Halloween series for some time. While I loved the first two back in my youth, it became a little overwhelming to see so many sequels come out. However, after suffering through San Andreas the other day, I decided that I want to venture back into this world and I was surprised by what I found. This movie was definitely interesting and not at all what I expected when I turned it on (I LOVE the cult aspect). The storyline is intriguing, the cast is one of the better ones for a sequel, as usual, the soundtrack was amazing, and the kills were enjoyable. Yes, there were some uneven moments and some of the dialog feels dated, but those do little to totally ruin the film. While not the best movie in the series, it is one of the more underrated sequels in the Halloween franchise, and a movie that definitely helped me get the miserable thoughts of San Andreas out of my head. In the end, this many not be a perfect Halloween movie, but it is better than some. If you enjoy the tales of Michael Myers, give it a shot—you could definitely do much worse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)