The Pyramid (2014)



It is funny; I often watch some movies that I know are going to bad. Unfortunately, there are also times when movies I am excited about, fall into this same type category. When that happens, it frustrates me to no end. One of those movies is my next flick up for review, the 214 creature feature The Pyramid.


Plot/ An archaeological team attempts to unlock the secrets of a lost pyramid only to find themselves hunted by an insidious creature.


Being a huge fan of archaeology, and often immersing myself in research of ancient civilizations, I was looking forward to this film when I saw the previews. Unfortunately, what I found when finally entering the world was nowhere near, what I expected (or hoped for). While this movie appeared to have a tremendous amount of potential, it fell short of achieving all that it could. Between uneven performances, flat characters, subpar CGI, and a script riddled with clichéd moments, it was actually hard to watch. At times, I felt like I should just shut it off, as that would have been a better outcome. Even the creature came off as just plain bad, destroying any hope of a satisfactory ending. In the end, this was a very disappointing film and one that I should have ignored. Stay away; there are much better options out there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)