41 (2012)



Having taken my final quiz in my class, I decided that I wanted to watch something with a medieval feel. While searching for something in that genre, I stumbled on a time travel flick that I had never heard of. While this film did not take me back to the era that I had hoped for, it was one of the better indie flicks that I have seen in some time. That movie, and my next review, is the 2012 low budget entry 41.


Plot/ A young man discovers a hole in the floor of a local motel that leads to yesterday.


When I stumbled upon this one, I had no idea what to anticipate. What I found was definitely different than what I would have expected, as this one did not play out like any of the typical time travel movies that I have come across. Personally, I love the subject, and believe that we today are living inside some type of time ripple, because that is the only thing that can explain the strange occurrences that are plaguing society. This is an excellent film, that features an intriguing storyline that is both layered and thought provoking, as well as some solid cinematography and a perfect soundtrack the creates an outstanding atmosphere. Yes, the dialog was uneven in spots and some of the scenes felt forced (especially the ones centered on the police), but those flaws were easily overlooked. In the end, this low budget flick was a joy to watch and a movie that should have definitely received more fanfare than it did. Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)