Serenity (2005)



After some debate on what I wanted to watch today, I decided that I needed something that was both thought provoking, yet had enough action to keep my interest. Yes, that can be a difficult combination to find. What did I decide on? Well, that would be the 2005 Joss Whedon classic, Serenity.


Plot/ The crew of the ship Serenity tries to evade an assassin sent to recapture one of their number who is telepathic.


There are times when I need to revisit movies from my past that have provided some influence on who I am today. One of those is Serenity; a movie that I believe was never embraced by the mainstream society. This one has so much to offer featuring a layered storyline, solid effects, and an atmosphere that will appeal to every emotion. Yes, this is likely considered a niche movie (and series), as many did not like the western science fiction overtones, but it is definitely more than that. In the end, this one may not be for everyone (although it should be), and lives on as a cult classic. For me, I believe every Sci-Fi fan should give it a shot; it is an amazing movie that should be seen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)