Star Leaf (2015)



With the kids selecting another play of the horrid Poltergeist remake earlier, I needed something mindless to get that misery out of my mind. After some debate with the voices in my head, I decided on the 2015 sci-fi flick Star Leaf.


Plot/ Hikers find a secret grove of extra-terrestrial marijuana and must fight for their lives when they anger the otherworldly forces protecting the plants.


This flick is definitely a mixed bag for viewers. Not really a horror movie, not really a thriller, I guess it would have to sit inside the sci-fi arena, although that is a touch of a stretch as well. Honestly, it is a hard movie to classify. While the storyline was actually a entertaining with some trippy moments and aliens thrown in for good measure, it was far from a perfect film and was extremely uneven. The scripting was all over, the characters imbalanced, and the dramatic elements seemed a little forced at times. In the end, this movie was better than I expected, but it was nothing like I anticipated when I picked it up at Family Video. Not for everyone, this one will be an acquired taste, and a movie that will fit with the stoner crowd.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)