400 Days (2015)



I know that it has been some time since I entered the blog and I have a ton of movies to write about. Unfortunately, between work, school, and softball, I was too busy. Now with things winding down, it is time to get back at it. Next up for review is the 2015 Sci-Fi entry 400 Days.


Plot/ With their four hundred day mission simulation nearing completion, four astronauts begin to feel that something is amiss.


While 400 Days is not a Sci-Fi classic it is better than I expected when going into it. More of an elongated Outer Limits episode than movie, the idea was interesting even if the execution was not there. The cast was uneven, the action was lacking, and the ending left so much open that I truly have no idea what direction the story was heading to. However, for a minimal cast with a lower budget, the film does succeed at creating at least a claustrophobic atmosphere. Of course, I would have loved more horror elements, but that was not happening. In the end, this one does not live up to the potential it has inside and any viewer would be somewhat disappointed in the overall feel. I you love oppressive Sci-Fi give it a shot; if not, stay away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)