The Number 23 (2007)



When I took a trip to Family Video last night I was searching for something a touch different. After a few minutes, I decided on the 2007 entry The Number 23. For me, there are some intriguing elements to be uncovered with strange numerology and coincidence. That is if you believe in coincidence, I don’t.


Plot/ Walter Sparrow becomes obsessed with a novel that he believes was written about him. As his obsession increases, more and more similarities seem to arise.


This is one of those flicks that I have stayed away from for some time even though the premise sounded interesting. Now that I have watched it, I wish I had picked it up earlier. This one is much better than I expected, featuring a thought-provoking storyline, solid performances from an interesting cast, decent scripting, and a darker atmosphere than I expected when I grabbed it from the shelf. On top of that, the cinematic elements all came together in a way that made the movie and entertaining and smooth watch. Sure, there were some incoherent moments that did not match the characters predictable actions and the ending seemed somewhat predictable compared to the early points that built the storyline, but those are just minor flaws. In the end, this one was a great watch on this cold and icy evening. If you are looking to take a trip back in time for a flick, give the movie a shot-you could do much worse.


Comments

  1. Number 23 has gotten a bad rep since a lot of people were to hung up about the premise. Had they given it a real chance they would have figured out that while the number was important it was important for another reason entirely and that within the movie made perfect sense. If you know why then you realize that the number itself is trivial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)