SIN: Self-Induced Nightmares (2013)



Wow, January has flown by, and now we enter one of my favorite months of the year. To start February off on the right foot, I decided on a nice no-budget indie flick: 2013s SIN: Self-Induced Nightmares.


Plot/ Some of Europe's leading horror filmmakers unite to bring you a collection of shocking tales. All told by a very beautiful yet sinister young female horror writer during a blind date taking place in a London diner.


It has been some time since I sat back and watched a modern no-budget anthology, and I was excited when I saw this one at Family Video. While I knew that there would be flaws, I think that the potential that can exist in true independent projects such as this can tell you more than then the overall technical prowess. The storylines were fun and interesting, there was a solid mix of material, and at a little over 70 minutes, everything was packed together nicely. Yes, some of the effects and performances were uneven, but those are expected in true no-budget indie cinema. In the end, this is one of the better no-budget indie flicks I have seen in some time. If you are like me and appreciate that type of film, you should give this one a shot. Sure, it isn’t perfect, but it could have been much worse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)