Shut In (2016)



Having worked late last night, I was rather exhausted when I got home. Fortunately, I already had something to watch and was excited to relax and work on the rewrite/reformat of Walking Before Dawn. Unfortunately, my selection, Shut In may not have been the best background for that project.


Plot/ A heart-pounding thriller about a widowed child psychologist who lives in an isolated existence in rural New England. Caught in a deadly winter storm, she must find a way to rescue a young boy before he disappears forever.


When I sat down to watch this one, I had some small expectations and that is exactly what I got. While this is not a terrible film, it is rather predictable and is stuffed with way too many clichés. Yes, the performances are solid (especially Naomi Watts), there were a few scares (at least for my daughters), and the tension woven into the atmosphere builds throughout, but it still felt like something was missing. Of course, this could be from the predictability or clichés, some of the strange actions and decisions, or even the reveal that felt rushed. Overall, it was just a little disappointing. In the end, there is really nothing special in this movie and it should be viewed with that in mind. It isn’t terrible, but it isn’t memorable either. Be warned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)