Stake Land II (2016)



As I kick back on a Friday for some relaxation, I realized that I skipped a movie from over the weekend and needed to catch up on it. I guess this is what happens when daylight savings time hits before your ready. What was that movie that I skipped? It was the 2016 vampire flick Stake Land II (AKA The Stakelander).


Plot/ When his home of New Eden is destroyed by a revitalized Brotherhood and its new Vamp leader, Martin finds himself alone in the badlands of America with only the distant memory of his mentor and legendary vampire hunter, Mister, to guide him.


I was surprised when I saw this one on the shelves at Family Video, as I had no idea that it was even in the works. As a fan of the original, I had to see what they came up with as a sequel. While I did not find it as good or as captivating as the source material, it is by no means a bad movie. It just seemed to lack some of the quality and depth of the first film. The storyline is still interesting building the world started in the first, there were some outstanding performances, and there were some moments of blood and gore that fit in with the atmosphere. The movie did lack some character development and the story was not quite as tight as the original, but that did not impact the overall entertainment value of the film. In the end, this is a decent flick that has enough moments to keep you interested, give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)