The Axe Murders of Villisca (2016)



One thing that is a challenge during this time of the year is balancing the blog with my daughters travel softball schedule. This weekend was no exception, as we spent most of Saturday and Sunday in some brutal heat. Couple that with my Sunday evenings being dedicated to Twin Peaks and I have to skip some posts. That all changes on Mondays when I can get baVick to movies and the blog, like tonight when I ventured into the 2016 horror flick The Axe Murders of Villisca.


Plot/ Three outcast teenagers break into the Villisca Axe Murder house in search of answers but discover something far beyond their worst fears.


I had no idea what to expect from this one, but always being intrigued by the story of the Villisca Axe Murders, I decided to give this one a shot. Yes, there were some clichéd moments as the teens explore the house; yet, there is enough story development to make those moments easy to overlook. While the movie is not perfect, the storyline is interesting; the pacing works, and the atmosphere is much better than I would have initially imagined. Sure, the ending could have been better and there were some predictable moments, but that is somewhat typical in lower budgeted films. In the end, this one may not be for everyone and honestly; it did not reach its full potential. While it is not a bad movie, it could have been better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)