Mr. Holmes (2015)



After watching the Argento classic last night, I decided that I wanted to dive into some type of mystery for my viewing pleasure tonight. In the end, I settled on the 2015 mystery, Mr. Holmes.


Plot/ An aged, retired Sherlock Holmes deals with early dementia as he tries to remember both his final case and a mysterious woman whose memory haunts him. He also befriends a fan, the young son of his housekeeper, who wants him to work again.


When I first saw this one on the shelves of Family Video, I had no idea what to expect, so I continually passed it up. That was a huge mistake, as this movie took me back to my youth when I really enjoyed reading the different books and catching an occasional classic on Saturday afternoons. Ian McKellen is amazing in this role and truly brings the character to life. In fact, all of the performances were solid, something that matched the outstanding cinematography, the layered script and storyline, and the make-up and effects were tremendous. Honestly, other than some small pacing issues, there was nothing that brought this one down. In the end, this is an exceptional film and a movie that any true fan of Sherlock Holmes will enjoy. If you haven’t seen it, definitely find it and give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)