Witchery (1988)



When it became evident that the West Virginia game was over, I decided to find something on television to help pass the time before I had to leave for Prestige softball practice. After some searching, I decided on the 1988 entry Witchery (AKA Witchcraft and Evil Encounters).


Plot/ When a storm strands a group on a Massachusetts Island where the only dwelling is an old hotel supposedly haunted by the ghost of a former German actress their worst fears are brought to life.


This is a film that I can honestly say that I do not remember from my youth. That is funny because, between the subject matter and Linda Blair, I almost certainly would have picked this one up. What I found today when watching it was a movie that was clearly part of that 1980s big box horror with some outrageous effects and many head-scratching moments. Of course, this also has the typical flaws with uneven performances, some strange cinematic decisions, laughable moments, and a pace that seems to teeter between slow and fast. That being said, the setting was amazing and the storyline (while somewhat predictable) was entertaining. In the end, this was not a great movie, but it was not the worst either. Feel free to give it a shot if you are searching for something and need something mindless, you could do much worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)